Monday 16 July 2012

Bare Minerals Foundation Review

Hey guys, how are you?
Today I am going to be reviewing the Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation!



I was in town about just over a month ago and went to the bareMinerals counter and asked for a sample of the foundation. She was so nice she sat me up on her seat and colour matched me to the colour  - fairly light. I went off home with the sample to try the next day. I woke up and was excited to try it out well, it was like a match made in heaven! It evened out my skin and made it look flawless! I went into town the next week and bought the full size!

It leaves a lovely finish on the skin not like normal powdered foundations. It managed to make my face still glowy but not to much at the same time. It feels like just another layer of skin not a heavy layer of foundation. It says that it is clinically proven to improve the appearance of your skin over time. I think this will be a long term thing not something that will happen over one month but who knows I will have to get back to you on that one. It also says that it looks like a powder but feels like a cream, I completely agree with this it feels so creamy when you are buffing it in to the skin. Oh and just to note, to apply this I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which is part of the Core Collection which you can pick up from boots!
It stays on the whole day ( a good 8 - 10 hours normally) without a primer. It is light-weight, easy to blend and a light - medium coverage which is buildable. I divide my face into 4 sections - right cheek, left cheek and forehead and the rest. I tend to start around my cheeks and nose as that is where I need the most coverage and then blend out.

I would recommend this foundation. Just to note I have normal - dry skin so I am not sure how this would work for oily skin but you can  get a matt version but I haven't tried it. You can pick this up from most department stores for £24 but I got mine from John Lewis. 

What foundations have you been loving recently?
Caitlin xx



No comments:

Post a Comment